Friday, September 25, 2009

Frustration!

So I got up super early this morning, picked up Shannon, and went to the Health Dept. First off let me just say that I would rather spend the ENTIRE day in Walmart than go there... and that's serious. So anyway after dealing with the rude check in people I get sent upstairs where I have to fill out like 5 pages of stupid info before I could even pee in the cheap little plastic cup they gave me. Took forever! So then I go do my business and put my cup in the little cabinet in the wall and go back and wait to be called. That also took forever as they only had 1 person working back there. So finally I get called and she asks me why I thought I was pregnant and I looked at her and said because I have taken 2 pregnancy tests and they both came out positive. And she said oh well it came up negative here, did you buy an expenisve test? ::insert blank stare here:: I was like um well it was like $20 for 2 of them... I guess you could consider that a little expensive???? She's like ok see here we use really cheap tests and it takes a large amount of hormones to get a positive result so you're probably pregnant but our tests aren't picking it up, why don't you come back next week make sure its your first morning pee. .... .... .... Are you kidding me? Do you know how many times I had to go potty before I even left my house this morning?! Let alone the 45 minutes it took me to get here and 30 I had to wait just to go pee in your stupid cup?! So I asked if they could do a blood test cause I really didn't see me being able to "hold it" that long and she told me there was no such thing. No such thing. Are you kidding me, did I step into the Twilight Zone or something? So by this point I am completely annoyed at the waste of my time and the fact that I was dressed and out of my house that early that I just wanted to leave. So while she finishes filling out my paperwork her phone rings and I sit there as she has like a 10 minute conversation about what she wants to do with another co-worker for dinner... I don't know if I'm in the mood for Greek tonight plus you have to make reservations.... .... ... ... So all in all that was a big waste of my time. You would think that they would have more accurate tests cause they're really not saving any money if I'm gonna have to go back there who knows how many times until their test finally picks up the hormones that mine were able to because apparently I drink too much water and my pee is too diluted. HELLO I'm thirsty and I'm supposed to drink a lot of water! Anyway Emma is trying to make me an appoitnment at her office and I'll just pay for it. This is ridiculous! I can't get my medicaid approved until I get a test from the Health Dept or a doctor that says I am pregnant. Sheesh! What a completely frustrating day! So I am pretty much wiped out and am going to try to take a nap before I have to start making dinner. ::hmpf::

No comments:

Post a Comment